Friday, March 30, 2007

Living our culture 1932

The fall I came out of the Country I thought I was a real brave. I went over to Uncle Steve Joes as I went into the house every body gathered around Uncle Steve Uncle Andrew Aunt Harriet aunt millie Joe Mike was there also they had been in trapping that fall as did everyone else in Conne. Uncle Steve uncle Andrew and Mick just got out also. the first Thing Uncle Steve Joe said was what's wrong you did not come over to see me this fall I was only just oveer the hill from where you fellows.I did not know what to say because I remembered Pop telling me Uncle steve Uncle Andsrew and mick is just over the opther side of true hill about coup[le hours walk. Anyway they were all quite happy to see me. all loving people they were. I remember Molly saying look how fat he got.Molly was two years or so older then I was. I remember Mick telling me that fall Uncle Andrew shot a big fat stag one moprning they just paunched it and went on at their gear. hge said thah evening they went to pick up their stag as they got near they saw a bear just throwing the stag on his back to carry off. he said Uncle Andrew shouted you put down our stag mick said the bear turned slowly looked at them the threw down the stag and took off for the woods. mick said they had a good laugh at that.

No comments: